Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Day in the Office

Yesterday I have been working the whole day helping the other Field Engineers to prepare the tender for Sabah Oil and Gas Terminal (SOGT) Transportation and Services Project. I have been given the chance to actually get my hands on preparing the Pipe Line End Manifold (PLEM) installation procedure. I have been stayed back in the office to finish the work up and right now I am still in the office doing the same work. Guess the tender job is really a hectic job and I always wonder why people complaint if they were assigned to do the tendering job. But it was a good experience anyway.

The PLEM will be installed once the pipeline has been laid onto the seabed and the pipeline end will be connected to the PLEM that will be in connection with the Single Point Mooring (SPM). An SPM will be the main connection point for any Oil Tanker to load or offload the products from the ship to the facility or from the facility to the ship before the products will be transported to other refinery plant or storage plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment